Tuesday, December 21, 2010

if only I was able...



Wow... it was so muggy today, not really good weather for doing anything much.  In saying this I am really aware of those in the northern hemisphere who are suffering the opposite.  would be nice if we could swap a few degrees.

Anyway this is the third piece in my houses series.   I am quite partial to the house on the far right, I think I would like to live in it... if only I was able.  Something else I used to do a lot of in my old house paintings were washing lines (washing is my most favourite household chore).  So you might see a few of these in amongst my new houses.

If anyone is interested I will be adding some of these to my poor neglected etsy shop in the next few weeks.

Now I must dash as there is a total lunar eclipse happing in just a few minutes!





9 comments:

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

I love your houses series and the washing line gives it something extra. :) I wish we could swap a few degrees as well. :)

Anonymous said...

i'm really loving your house series too. that washing line is awesome :)

xx Miriam

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

The houses are absolutely gorgeous. I'll be very interested to see some in your Etsy shop sometime.

rachel awes said...

i adore those washing lines
& also that ground
& oh i'd also love
to meet you
for tea
in your
new home
there
on the
right!
xox

softearthart said...

Loving those washing lines, I have had an idea about using a washing line in my art for a while, you just re inspired me. cheers Marie

chrissy said...

i am loving your recent work my dear. i hope all is well. we need to catch up. huge hugs to you!
xo
c

patty said...

LOVE that little line of wash and I'm not sure you would want to swap weather with me unless you fancy 5+ straight days of rain without even stopping once! I mean I do not mind rain, in general, but this is getting very OLD!! Happy Christmas to you!!

Anonymous said...

I love your new artwork! I would love to swap a few degrees with you, too. Where I live, in Pennsylvania, it is only suppose be in the 20s all week.

Helen Lewis said...

Loving this new house series!! Love the muted colors and backgrounds with just a faint pattern evident...
Please do list some in your shop!
Blessings to you in the new year,
Helen