Monday, November 2, 2009

crazy dance...

(a few of my new pendants)

I seem to be doing this crazy dance around the house at the moment as I get used to where I've put things. I am finding I need to form new routines and am shuffling things around as the storage is different, things need different homes to where they were before. Also the house layout is very different, there are kind of three levels (the stairs have been a big attraction to other kids visiting, I am now cool as I have stairs).

I would love to put paint on my feet and track my movements around the house, a different colour for each day... although I don't think my landlord would be too happy about that... but it would look pretty.

Anyway I started on some new collage pendants last night, it felt really good to be sitting at my table making things again. I thought doing these would be a good way to start as they are small and don't take too much space or time to get done. I seem to have a little bit of a block when it comes to painting at the moment so I figured that doing these pendants might spur me on in some way. I found myself sitting at my table the other day, just sitting there staring into space I couldn't get started on anything, I was like a stunned mullet. Anyway I shouldn't give myself such a hard time, I have been through a major life change, taking a bit of time is ok...

I haven't put the resin on these pendants yet but once they are finished they will go to the Christmas sales and the Art market at Ormlie Lodge (I may even keep a few for myself to wear this summer)?

6 comments:

icandy... said...

These pendants are very, very sweet!
Happy day!
Christina

erin carver said...

So pleased to hear you're settling in Katherine...in a crazy dancing kind of way! I love the new pendants and that does seem like a lovely way to start getting back into things. Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my prints! x

tangled sky studio said...

after three months i am still finding my way around my new kitchen and feeling only 50 % at home in my new work space. change can be good but it takes time and i truly hope you give yourself the gift of time...it could make all the difference in the world. the pendants are sweet and should be snapped up at the show.

Tara @ Aquamarine Art said...

That bit about putting paint on your feet made me smile. Only an artist would think of that! Love the pendants, I'd really like to make something like that. Where do you get them and what do you hang them on, or do you just sell them as they are? Anyway, glad to hear you're settling into your new home - I look forward to the day I have stairs again too!x

ale said...

hola katherine!!!! day by day and better and better....!!!!that'´wonderfull!!!! that pendants are so so lovely!!l wish you lots of inspirations in your new home!!!...but remeber that HOME is you!!...l would love to see your colour feet in the stairs!ja ja!!!!
a very very big kiss for you and have a beautifull week!!!!!!!!

Karyn said...

Hi Katherine

I love my green # 8 pendant I bought a while ago. I also live the bird ones that featured on your blog back in August - will they appear on etsy one day?