Monday, July 27, 2009

Collaged pendants

(1st collaged pendant design)

I've been thinking of doing some collaged pendants over the weekend and have only done the one above so far, but plan to do a few more. It is really interesting working on such a small scale, everything is so tinsey winsey and I don't know how many times I lost that darn fish!!! I will post a whole group of these when I get a few more done.

I am in the middle of listing some more pendants on etsy with images from my sinking series. There is a selection of different sizes and shapes.

I am so excited... in the middle of September I am going to attend my first art retreat!!! It is the first one that is being organised and I think it is a chance to get together with like minded people for the weekend and do art etc... I am beyond excited, although I am a little nervous as I wont really know anyone. I am not too good at meeting new people I can be quite shy and I think sometimes it can come across as a bit snooty or unfriendly. Oh well nothing like putting yourself in the middle of it for a whole weekend.

Below are a few more pages from my work book...

(page 17 of my workbook)


(page 18 of my workbook)


The last few days I've been sitting with thoughts about trying to be my best self. That it is ok to make mistakes, to try things that don't work out, to buy plants that end up dying etc... being our best doesn't mean we have to be perfect. As I tell myself I am ok, the moments of self doubt and the awkward feelings start to dissolve. I am ok.

4 comments:

Tara @ Aquamarine Art said...

Your sketchbooks are amazing! And how exciting and brave to go on an artist's retreat - I'd love to do that! Can't wait to hear how it goes x

stickytiki said...

How exciting...I have never been on an art retreat, where is it? I know it is hard to try and be perfect, but nearly is good enough!! x

ale said...

I STOP IN YOUR BLOG..JUST I ADORE IT !!!! THE COLLAGES AND THE FACES ARE SO SO SWEET...!!!YOUR ART IS GREATTT!!!!!!!!L WILL FOLLOW YOU...
..bye!! from buenos aires...

Dori Patrick said...

Hello from Iowa! Found your blog thru Kelly Rae's, I believe...and just love your work! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!