Tuesday, March 31, 2009

8 sleeps...

(my business postcard for the UK)

I started packing yesterday and have written a few lists, lists for my carry on bag, a list for what I need in my wallet, lists for my luggage bag, lists for different things inside my luggage bag, a list of works to take with me, a list of hair care essentials... lists for every possible thing I could think of. I have 13.5 lists (one isn't finished yet) I think I am covered for everything.

Ben is starting to get excited, I think he is sensing that his first plane ride is getting closer, on the way to work he asks are we going to England today? One morning very soon the answer will be... yes.

I've been having very restless nights worrying about things, catching a taxi from the train station to the bus station in Paris... I think it is only 6km but I worry we will not find a taxi. I worry about our cat who is a little odd and will probably hibernate under the house for the whole time we are away and and stress out her carers, I worry about how heavy my bag will be, have I thought of everything, will I find somewhere that will like my art work, should I even bother with it? has Ben got enough clothes (he has grown so much in the last year and doesn't fit his trousers and sweaters from last winter), how will I cope with the lack of sleep? how will Ben cope with the monotonous hours on the plane? So those are just a few of the things going through my head at the moment. I think I need to do this though, this internal worrying, more often then not things are way better then what I imagine them to be.

Other then that I am very excited and can't wait for next Wednesday to arrive.

I haven't done any art work the last week and I feel a bit lost. I thought some clear head space before our trip would be a good idea. But I feel like some good friends I had staying have gone home and I miss them, I guess they will be back.

6 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

obsessing...something i totally get! what i am realizing more and more is that everything will be ok (no matter what). i send you wishes for an amazing, funny and joy filled journey!

beth

Brenda said...

Gee, you are quite the little list maker aren't you - and I thought I was bad, LOL. Woo hoo, count down, I'm soooo excited for you. I can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

Luna Levy said...

I love your portraits - the color scheme is very nice. The business card looks very professional :)

Carine b said...

Don't worry...it'll be good,your cards are so beautiful!!!

Sleepandhersisters said...

Beth

Thanks, I think it is just a process I need to go though.

Brenda
I couldn't live without my lists...

Stephanie
Thank you.

Carine
Thank you, I know it will be fine.

blueberries in the fields said...

this is so exciting ! I am sure you are going to have a lot of fun. And kitty cat is going to be just fine. :)
Have fun, enjoy,indulge, take care and when you get back, if you want to, i tagged you for a fun questionnaire.
much goodness to you.
monique