Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday today...

(follow your heart)

This is one of the two I have nearly completed (bits not properly attached yet)... the other one I am having a few problems with as I have lost one of her arms? I know I put it in a safe place but I am just not sure exactly which safe place... So will post that one next week when she is all intact.

Going through all my old photos at the start of the week got me thinking about about tents. This was one of the things I really enjoyed doing as a kid, collecting all the umbrellas, sheets, towels, pegs and blankets to build these tents/huts. I really I think enjoyed the construction of them more then anything. And anyway they were usually built in the summer holidays and once built they would be too hot to play in (until we could sleep in them at night). So I am going to start a series on tents...

8 comments:

Michele Maule said...

I love tents too!
My dad would set up the tent in the back yard to air it out before we went camping, and my sisters and I would play house in it.
We'd also like to make little tents out of sheets and pillows and chairs, indoors, when it was rainy outside.
Can't wait to see what your new work will look like!

Delwyn said...

Did you make your tent over the Hill's hoist? We would drag out mattresses and lie in the shade on a New Zealand summer's day or burn to a frazzle...dang that sun damage...

Brenda said...

I love her and the tent. We always used to go camping - we went to Snell's Beach every summer holiday as my cousin owned some land there and let us camp on it. We had a large canvas tent and went all over the North Island camping. Good times. (Though in hindsight, probably not much fun for mum, still having to cook etc. for husband and 6 kids)

tangled sky studio said...

i too love tents....a tiny bit of shelter which can spark the imagination. good luck finding the arm (i'm always losing party hats and crowns).

blueberries in the fields said...

she is so cute ! I think she looks just like you :)

Sleepandhersisters said...

Michele
I will be interested to see what my new tent works will look like too... : ) I don't think I ever went real live camping as a kid, just backyard stuff.

Delwyn
Yes that NZ summer sun has a lot to answer for. We used to sit on bean bags in the back garden on a summers night and watch the stars.

Brenda
Poor mums often get the raw end of the deal : ) good to have nice memories like that. We did a lot of traveling around NZ as kids too.

Beth
Thanks, I still haven't found the arm, I am hoping I haven't accidently thrown it in the bin!

Blueberries in the field
Lol thanks, although I think I have a few more wrinkles... : )

Anonymous said...

Beautiful light soft colours and beautiful faces.

Carine b said...

Can you imagine that i'm fond of tents,if my man listen to me,we surely have got a collection...& this girl is so great like your work...
And for information,this week i work at school with 28 child of 3 to 5 years & i say that i hope we can paint,it's been such a long (too long)time i can't paint but my family's going better & i'm in good way...Have a good week & see you later!!