Monday, September 1, 2008

Just remember that I'll always love you...

We had a sunny weekend, so most of the works have dried (the clothes line was a stroke of genius)... I have three of the "memories" series in my etsy shop and there will be more of them coming soon...



But in the meantime I have been working on these above, which are on canvas. A new thing for me and I have had so much fun doing them... They are also in my etsy shop and I am working on a few more that feature two girls together. They remind me of the old photos of relatives from long ago that my grandmother used to call the battle axes. I loved looking through them as a kid, although some of the women in the photos were a little scary.

4 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

the use of color and pattern in your paintings is subtle but beautiful...i love the caps on the girls and their dresses and shirt sleeves are great...do you use a really transparent wash? i particularly like the misty/smokey /blue/gray that you used...is the canves background plain or washed with a shade of white?

Unknown said...

glad you got your paintings dry. We had a wet day yesterday :( At least I can lock my cats out of my studio/office. They're looking good and your business cards look great too.

Carine b said...

Hello,
I'm always happy to discover new painting,Your girls are so cute!!!The colours are so sweet in brief your work really touch me and my favorite is the first,I love so muh her dresse!!Thank you for all and have a good and sunny week.

Sleepandhersisters said...

Hi Beth

thanks for your comments, yeah I use a really watered down white and another colour called cloud.

The canvas has been slightly coloured with the same white and cloud. Am thinking of adding something in the backgrounds but not sure what yet so they will probably stay plain for a while till I think of something.

I now realise there is something I don't like about the canvas, not sure what it is yet???