Thursday, August 14, 2008

back to whispered memories...

Ok... so I am back here again with my girls, I went home and had a play and well lets just say it didn't work. I am going to let things happen when they happen and not try and push things into directions that just aren't right.

Does anyone else have these internal struggles with their creative bent?

This is a memory of stealing plums from the neighbors tree, I know it sounds bad but we had no choice but to steal them. Our neighbor would eventually give us the plums if we waited... waited until they dropped off the tree and she would kindly bring over a bag of nearly rotten ones!!! I liked them when they were still a little firm, slightly crisp, tart and make you shudder on the first bite.
We got caught and told off many times stealing these blessed plumbs but one day I had a really cunning plan... a plan that was so cunning we never got caught again.
We would wait till 6:07pm the nightly news was well under way and the neighbors would be on the other side of the house oblivious to us scampering up the tree picking the precious plums.

This is a memory of my brother and me who thought our Aunty Laureen owned the beach she lived near... I remember many fights with the local kids bragging about our Aunts ownership (I don't paint boys so my brother is a girl).

5 comments:

michele said...

I think you are wise to just let things happen. I think it is fine to try and move outside the comfort zone but forcing things can create stress not always useful. I am in love with these painting especially the memory of stealing plums, it reminds me of a time when my sister and I would steal the rose petals from neighbours gardens, distil it with water and then try selling it back to our neighbours as perfume....... brings a smile to my face even now. Although can be sad to wonder where that girl has gone....

tangled sky studio said...

i love the girls...you can tell they are something you know very well. ( i also love the fact that your brother has to be a girl!) i think the change in season creeps into our bones and stirs things up...i've noticed similar feeling/sentiments on many other blogs over the past few weeks(mine included). let's just hope that our crisp cool air and your spring awakening bring inspiration and renewed sense of purpose to us all!

Anne Michelle Johal said...

Love that your struggle is easing into acceptance and agree with Tangled sky studio that it is in the way of it all. I like to think this is a woman thing, a connection to the movement of the moon and the energy of the earth as a living being. Take care.
Anne Michelle

Heather B. said...

I love your "memory" stories. Maybe you should write and illustrate children's books...How does your brother feel about being a girl?

.Amélie. {My Baby Come un Loup} said...

hello, I have discovered your blog by the blog of carine b, and I love your pictures! I think I will return here sometimes to see your work.
(sorry for my english which is very bad!)